Sri Aman man dies from suspected electrocution, wife seriously injured

Firemen carrying the man’s body from his house – Borneo Post photo

A MAN died while his wife was seriously injured after reportedly being electrocuted at their house in Kampung Skim Melugu, Sri Aman yesterday.

A spokesman for the Operations Centre of the Fire and Rescue Department said they received a report on the incident at 5.20pm.

Following that, seven personnel from Sri Aman Fire and Rescue Station rushed to the scene.

“On arrival at the scene, they saw a couple in their 40s lying on the ground unconscious.

“An examination by the Ministry of Health (MOH) officers confirmed that the man had died, while his wife was conscious but in a weak condition,” he said in a statement, yesterday.

He added the injured woman was rushed to Sri Aman Hospital for treatment.

Meanwhile, the dead man was handed over to the police and then sent to the Forensic Medicine Department of Sri Aman Hospital for an autopsy. – Borneo Post

Facebook
Twitter