The Government has ordered restricted movement on all public activities in the country from March 18 until March 31 to deal with the Covid-19 pandemic. Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said these are:
- Ban on all religious, sporting, social and cultural gatherings. All business and religious premises to close. Exemption on supermarkets and hypermarkets, grocery stores and public markets. Restriction on mosques and Islamic events subject to Muzakarah meeting.
- Malaysians prohibited from travelling overseas. All foreign tourists and visitors are barred from entering Malaysia. Those who have just arrived from abroad must undergo 14 days self-quarantine.
- All public and private schools including kindergartens, nurseries, residential schools and other educational institutions to close.
- All private and public higher institutions of learning to close.
- Closure of all government and private premises except essential services such as water and electricity, telecommunication, postal service, transport, fuel, gas, lubrication, broadcasting, banking, health, pharmacy, fire-fighting, ports, airports, prisons, security and defence, sanitary services, provision and food supply.