Lockdown extended nationwide for another 2 weeks

By S. Harrish

THE nationwide lockdown has been extended for another two weeks, starting from June 15 until June 28.

Senior minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob said this follows the high number of daily Covid-19 cases, which was still exceeding 5,000 infections.

Meanwhile in Sarawak, there were 699 cases and eight deaths today.

State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) said this brought the total death toll to 342 while the total cases stand at 54,330.

Three of the deaths were categorised as brought in dead cases.

Three of the deaths were in Miri, two in Sibu and the others were in Kanowit, Subis and Tatau.

Of the new cases, Kuching had 205 infections, followed by Sibu (79), Bintulu (72), Tatau (71), Song (41), Kapit (31), Bukit Mabong (31), Miri (27), Sri Aman (16), Samarahan (16), Asajaya (16), Lundu (11), Serian (11), Kanowit (9), Subis (8), Sarikei (7), Simunjan (7), Telang Usan (6), Marudi (5), Bau (4), Meradong (4), Belaga (3), Tebedu (3), Sebauh (3), Beluru (3), Selangau (3), Mukah (3), Dalat (2), Julau (1) and Lubok Antu (1).

SDMC said four new clusters were declared in the state today with one linked to Hari Raya visits.

The Kampung Kolong 2 Cluster in Kuching has recorded 36 cases so far and the area has been placed under EMCO.

The other clusters are in Tatau – the Pekan Tatau Baru Cluster, Sungai Kakus Cluster and Semanok Cluster.

 

Facebook
Twitter