Face mask ruling stays till pandemic totally wiped out, says CM

Abang Johari – New Sarawak Tribune Pix

By John Isaac

DESPITE the on-going vaccine rollout, enforcement on the usage of face masks will continue to remain in place until Covid-19 is fully dealt with, said Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Abang Johari Tun Openg.

“On Friday, we had achieved our target whereby a total of 1,688 people had been inoculated.

“From now until August, the programme will continue to be implemented and I hope we can finally break the chain of Covid-19 infection and return to normalcy under the new norms.

“However, masks will continue to be worn until Covid-19 is over. Only then we can return to our normal lives. Having said that, we need to take care of ourselves, our families, friends and the community at large,” he said as reported by New Sarawak Tribune.

He said this in a press conference at the launch of the state’s Covid-19 immunisation programme in Kuching.

Abang Johari said the state government has approved RM30 million to transport the Covid-19 vaccines to the rural interiors.

“We agree as Sarawak has large area where the cost of logistics is also high and the federal government sought our help in this.

“The RM30 million is to facilitate the delivery of the vaccines so that all of our citizens can be vaccinated,” he said.

The chief minister also thanked the Sarawak Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) and the frontliners for their role to help curb the spread of Covid-19.

“But the fight against the pandemic is everyone’s responsibility; let all of us unite in this battle.

“I also want to thank all Sarawakians for their response to this vaccination exercise and I can see that they agree that the vaccines are a protection measure that needs to be implemented in the state,” he said.

Facebook
Twitter